Friday, November 25, 2011

To: The Almost Mother From: Within

**Part I of the 'Almost Trilogy'. Please see the other 2 parts of the series**

Dear Momma, 
I see the pain your going through 
and I feel it so much for you. 
I see the tears you cry at nights 
But Momma through the darkness there is light. 
Momma, I feel the weight of your heart breaking in more pieces than two 
No one seems to hear your silent plea for help, but Momma, I DO! 
I hear the questions running through your head 
I feel you tumble and turn in your bed. 
You don't sleep, I know, Momma 
And you don't eat even though you wanna. 
But remember...I need food too. 
Sweet Momma your trying so hard to be strong, I know 
All your strength and courage is what your trying to show. 
Momma, do you think no one hears you screaming out for help? Cause I do. 
Momma, do u think that no one sees the pain ur going through? Cause I see that too.
Momma stop thinking about you, what about ME? 
Listen with your heart Momma. 
Can you hear me Momma? 
Come on Ma, feel my love radiating through your bones 
Momma, sweet Momma, you are not alone. 
Stop the tears from washing down your face 
Hold ur head up and maintain your grace. 
I'm not ashamed of you, so why are you ashamed of me? 
Please Momma...please just let me be... 
Momma, your so pretty and so very young 
But either way I am still your son! 
You don't know the potential I hold, 
To take such good care of you when your body grows old... 
Wouldn't u love that Momma? Cause I know that I would... 
Give me a chance please Momma! 
I'm touching you right now; can you feel my love Ma? 
I'm screaming your name Momma, please hear me I beg! 
You can't just rip me out of your womb; I've got a heart too 
A heart meant to love and honor you... 
I'm here for you Momma...be there for me too! 

Momma PLEASE don't go through those doors! 
Feel, Momma, feel how my love for you flows! 
My voice is crackling, now I'm crying too...
Lord I pray that He watches over you... 
In a moment I'll be out of your womb; no longer a part of you. 
How can u Momma? HOW? WHY? 
I did nothing to deserve this! 
How can you KILL YOUR OWN CHILD? 
I'm your own flesh and blood, made of you...within you! 

Momma, I love you even though he doesn't 
This operation your about to do, you musn't! 
Momma, I'm reaching out to you, take my hand! 
I'm screaming out to you, please hear me! 
Momma...Momma...MOMMA...NOOOOOOooooo......! 

If your unborn child could speak would he have to ask, "Can I live..?" 
Would he have to beg, "Let me live.."?

-Nekisha CD Lewis (2005)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!