Saturday, June 23, 2012

I Wrote Him a Love Letter


With blue ink to white paper
I wrote him a love letter.

Handwritten;
not computerized generic letters.
Pouring the essence of me into it
with the stroke of every letter
and the curve of every word.
Every line carried tenderness
every sentence echoed love.

With blue ink to white paper
I wrote him a love letter.

I wrote about the evening we met
and about the moment I knew my heart was his.
I wrote about the many good memories I had
that would never have cemented a place in my heart
had it not been for him.
I wrote of the moments he wiped my tears;
even those sometimes caused by him.
I wrote of the moments I held him while he wept, silently;
silent tears sometimes inflicted by me.
I included the memory of the first time we held hands 
– publicly
The first time our lips met 
– sweetly
The first time he touched me 
– awkwardly
The first time he loved me 
– tenderly.
I included the memorable moments we laughed
and those quiet moments where nothing was said
yet everything was heard.

With blue ink to white paper
I wrote him a love letter.

I wrote him a love letter because
I couldn’t bring myself to utter the words
I so tenderly wrote

  - Its over -

Nekisha CD Lewis
23.06.2012

4 comments:

Shaziane said...

Wow! As I read I felt overwhelmed with emotion so much so that tears stung my eyes...and then I read the "-it's over-" and my hearts stopped.

Great writing. Great expression.

Write On!

nIx said...

Thank you so much Shaziane! Sometimes good relationships just aren't meant to be...if that makes any sense?? Some circumstance may stand in the way that is not reflective of the love shared but just makes it harder. Just gotta let go.

*-*

Angie said...

Lovvveeee it, sigh, one of those pieces that hit home.

nIx said...

Thanks Angie! Your comment mucho appreciated x

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!