Friday, November 25, 2011

PAIN

They’re pregnant with hurt
By pain’s rebirth.

Showered with lies
Their love slowly dies.

Bodies tattooed with scars
Dying in a prison with people for bars.

Let loosed too many tears
Crippled by their own faults and fears.

Lost all faith
No heartbeat…too late.

Ghostly souls they are
Hatred outweighing love by far.

All light is gone
Feelings no longer form.

Faceless figures they’ve become
Mind, body and soul…all numb.

It’s real, the pain
For trying to heal they are slain.


NCD Lewis

2 comments:

Robert Gibson: PWES Editor said...

I like this style .. the couplets help the rhythm :) And I know about pain (who doesn't, right?) but this piece is great...

nIx said...

I've always hidden this poem because it was in response to another poem during my Hi5 Poetry Slam Group days during my late teens.

I don't have a copy of the original poem so I can't tell how "original" the words I used are *sigh*

But I like it =)

Thanks still <3

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!