Sunday, September 16, 2012

Beautiful, you are my World

I can’t promise you the World;
but I can promise to embed your heart
 into my soul
for, beautiful, 
you are my World.
I take comfort in rising 
tangled in a web of 
your arms, legs and quiet breathing;
body nestled comfortably within your frame.

You are my daily dose of vitamins;
my very own happy pills.
High on the taste of happiness 
derived from the sweetness of your kiss.
You are the jolt of energy needed to start my day;
my purpose to live each day with enthusiasm
knowing that the way my day started 
will be the way my night ends -
lovingly tangled within 
your arms, legs and (not so) quiet breathing.

You have becoming the reason I smile 
for no reason other than being truly content.
Your kind ways and gentle nature
captivates my thoughts daily.
Your voice, like balm, 
soothes my spirit
and my World literally falls into place 
when I’m with you.


The one thing I can promise you 
without fault,
is to love you 
- fiercely and selfishly;
I will love you the way every good man 
deserves to be loved 
- with every bit of me.
Never will you feel lacking 
– lovingly or otherwise.
I promise to never take you 
nor your affections for granted
neither to ever let the magic 
between us wane.

Because, beautiful, 
you are my World.

Nekisha CD Lewis
16/09/2012

2 comments:

Robert Gibson: PWES Editor said...

This is beautiful .... no pun intended ... but I am awestruck. It is! Love it, Nikki!

nIx said...

Thank you, Robert. You always bring a smile to my lips =)

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts!